At Eye Envy, we believe the latest buzz in pet products is HEALTHY, SAFE, NATURAL and ORGANIC.Healthy products extend beyond just skin and coat treatments, but also into food, treats and supplements, that will benefit the skin, coat and the overall health of your pet.
We just launched a new campaign and were the featured company in June Pet Product News (PPN) magazine that focuses on health and the well-being of your pet. PPN is an industry publication that focuses on educating retailers about the pet industry, trends, products, etc. We believe it’s a great topic and definitely helps retailers to help their customers to make the best decision for their pet’s individual needs. We were beyond thrilled that we were asked to be the featured company in this issue. Health, safety and the well-being of our pets, is why we make sure that the ingredients used in our products are the best, the safest and always human grade and is part of core beliefs.
There also seems to be a trend that is focusing on ‘Specialty Doctors.’ These new types of Veterinarians/Specialty Hospitals are starting to think outside of the typical box and applying both Western and Eastern type of treatments, for example acupuncture and body wraps.They’re trying new procedures and new ways to treat ailments. With the influx of ingredients and changes in pet foods, consumers also seeing a rise in pet allergies, which definitely affects the skin and coat, so these new specialty practices are addressing those specific health issues.
Many companies are developing new products and solutions that can provide amazing benefits to your pet. We, as a company, are constantly try to keep a pulse on the industry and keep up with what’s new, what works and what people are saying about new trends.
Here are some of the trends that appear to be in the forefront:
- Healthy fats are key to keeping your pet’s coat in good condition
- Reputable commercial dog foods typically contain enough nutrients, including essential fatty acids, to maintain healthy skin and a shiny coat
- Omega 6:Low fats diets can cause coat problems due to Omega-6 deficiency.Your pets coat can become dull and its skin may suffer from dandruff
- Puppies on low fat diets may develop dry/coarse and skin lesions
- Homemade diets can be improperly balanced and your pet may be lacking necessary nutrients to keep coat healthy, too.
- Supplements are focusing on palatability issues and are appearing in food, treats, food toppers and supplements.
- With the high cost of Veterinarian’s, especially in the ‘Specialty’ areas, many people are starting to use supplements for their pets, just like they do for themselves
- Owners are looking for safer/natural alternatives for their pets vs typical medication
- Supplements for skin, bones, joints, eyes and heart appear to be on the rise
Natural and Organic pet food
- Products that mimic human beauty products
- Products with natural/organic ingredients and human-grade ingredients
- Holistic aromatherapy products
- Balms to treat nose/paw pads for chapped noses and cracked paw pads, are becoming more popular since there are serious underlying issues if left untreated (e.g. infection, open sores)
Your pets are each unique and very different, so what may work for one, may not work for the other, even if they’re related. As consumers, you have to treat each animal’s symptoms and needs individually, just like you would treat your own needs.The key is to research, ask questions and always refer to your Veterinarian if your pet is showing symptoms of any ailments or is on any type of medication. Even natural and organic ingredients can change the effects of medications.There is no single product or solution that will work on every pet the same.
Choose Health, Choose Eye Envy®!
To learn more about our products, visit our EyeEnvy YouTube Channel!